Sunday, July 3, 2011

potbelly

Potbelly, a new sandwich shop downtown, has opened its doors. I went to check it out the other day with a few coworkers and I was amazed at the line. I'm not sure if it was because we were downtown or because Potbelly's opening has been highly anticipated--only a sandwich could really determine that.





While waiting in line, I noticed that the most popular sandwich for that week was the wreck. A sandwich layered with salami, roast beef, turkey, ham, and Swiss cheese. It seemed pretty intense, but if that many people were ordering it, I knew I had to give it a try.



I was surprised to discover that they allow online ordering. I'll be sure to utilize that feature in the future. Since I did not submit an online order for this particular day, I needed to go through the queue. A friendly employee took down my order as I waited in line. While there were a ton of people, it moved rather quickly. They also made sure to stock the drinks, cookies, and chips at stations throughout the line, which made things operationally efficient.





They had Zapp's chips! I had heard about these--they're huge in the South and Midwest. I passed on the chips since I had been grazing all day, but I'll definitely make sure to pick some up the next time I'm here.



I finally got my sandwich and took the SLUT back to work. By the time I had made it back to my desk, I was disappointed to see that my sandwich had become a soggy mess.



Clearly, Potbelly was not to fault, but I was excited to try this place out due to all of the hype. I felt a little let down.



Despite the condiment soaked bread, the sandwich was pretty good. It was filling and satisfying--what you want from a lunch. The meat was tasty, but there was so much of a variety that it made it difficult to distinguish exactly what you were eating.



I'll probably give Potbelly another try--the food wasn't terrible, but I don't know if I'd necessarily crave it given the experience I had.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Potbelly Sandwich Works on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment