Monday, June 13, 2011

toulouse petit

Tucked away in Queen Anne is a throwback to the New Orleans, Big Easy life--Toulouse Petit. Granted, the last time I was in New Orleans was when I was in middle school, but I'm pretty sure that Pesos' sister restaurant is a pretty accurate depiction of Cajun food and drinks.

I decided to meet up with the girls, since B was in town for the weekend. We started off with some fries and a side of garlic aioli.


Not that fries are hard to mess up, but these were particularly good. I'm a fan of skinny fries that are crispy, so, good job, Toulouse.

After a few drinks, we decided that fries were not going to keep us sober. L ordered the gnocchi with mushrooms.


"Gnocchi" always makes me think of Fabio from Top Chef, since he either made that or pasta in every episode. While I never actually craved it from watching TV, this gnocchi was pretty unreal. The mixture between the fluffy gnocchi, meaty mushrooms, and salty Parmesan cheese made it a hearty and satisfying meal.

B had the pasta. Look at how freaking delish this looks:


I had the short-ribs. The were perfectly moist and tender. Very flavorful and in this rich broth that was unREAL.


Of course, we had to order some veggies to feel somewhat healthy. Brussel sprouts & bacon were in order.


Though the food & drinks were amazing, nothing comes close to having a fun night with your girlfriends.

Toulouse Petit on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment