Wednesday, June 29, 2011

matt's in the market

Pike Place is known for its farmer's market, fish throwing, and being home to the original Starbucks. So when I heard that it was also supposedly home of Seattle's greatest sandwich, I knew I had to go and check it out.



We parked a block away, which enabled us to walk through Pike Place. I'm always fascinated by the variety of vendors at the market.



I wanted to stop and pick up some flowers, maybe a pastry, but I needed to stay focused--there was a sandwich out there for me to try!



In order to get to Matt's, you need to walk up this long staircase.



Finally, we arrived and I got to check out the menu.



It's hard to pay attention to the menu when all of this amazing food was zooming by us.



We started off with the chips and dip. These were amazing! If anything, go to Matt's for these!





The housemade kettle chips were perfect. Crispy, not too oily, sliced thin and seasoned well with salt and pepper. It's a good thing too because they complimented the dip well.



This dip is what happens when carmelized onions, bacon, and cheese all have a baby. The wedding diet is officially out the window...and it was worth it.

For lunch, we all ordered the catfish sandwich.



There was catfish with a side of black bean, chorizo, and brisket soup...



...catfish with a side of pureed soup...



...and catfish with a side salad, which composed of toasted pumpkin seeds, mixed greens, and a tangy, creamy cheese.

Clearly, the catfish was the star of the show.



The catfish was breaded and fried; however, it was moist and flaky at the same time. It was a bit messy, but it was worth it. The combination of the flaky fish mixed with the aioli was heaven.

I was beyond full--and a newly converted fan. Rumor has it that their burger comes with a fried egg. Any takers on joining me for my second trip to Matt's?

Matt's in the Market on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment