Sunday, June 12, 2011

joey's

I have a confession to make--I am a former Joey's girl. I spent a good two years of my college life serving food and drinks at the Lake Union establishment that it's no wonder I crave the food on occasion.

Luckily, there hasn't been too much change--the servers are still friendly, the food is reliable, and they show sports in the bar.

We started off with the ahi tuna tacos--seasoned and seared ahi tuna served on a little coleslaw in a tiny shell.


The appetizer was still as I remembered it--the crunch of the wonton taco and the delicious seared tuna made it hard to pace myself.


We were pretty hungry, so we also ordered the sliders.


The sliders reminded me of White Castle sliders--except it was less onion-y (and in my opinion, much better).

The bread was nice & fluffy--each bite (the sliders are tiny, so there were only three) was a satisfying mix of cheese and burger. Pretty standard, but so good.


I had the viva salad. It's a giant, entree sized salad with chicken, avocado, grape tomatoes, feta cheese, in a balsamic vinaigrette dressing and a giant fried tortilla shell.


This might be one of my all-time favorite salads. The chicken is moist and the salad is large enough to be filling.

J had gotten their flat bread pizza, which was less than stellar.


While it was edible, the pizza overall was a little too greasy. The flat bread tasted pre-made and the ingredients somehow didn't seem as fresh. It felt like we were eating frozen, microwave pizza.


Joey Lake Union on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment