Saturday, March 5, 2011

tawon thai

M and his girlfriend were headed to Mexico (lucky jerk), so we had a last minute couples dinner in Fremont at Tawon Thai.


We started off with a bunch of mini spring rolls. I was clearly starving, so I ate those up with the chili sauce that was served with it. They were pretty good, but I couldn't tell if they were pretty good because I was starving, or if they were actually pretty damn good. Personally, I'm partial to my mom's egg rolls.

I ordered the pad kee mao with only 2 stars. I'm pretty much a pansy when it comes to heat, so the 2 stars were perfect.


The noodles were cooked well--not mushy. The flavor was bold and it wasn't too spicy or salty.

J got to panang curry, 4 stars...seriously? I would have died.


Notice any difference between J's 4 star plate and the 2 star panang curry below? (Hint: it may be the amount of chili flakes that were on the plate.)


J noted that maybe 4 stars was too spicy--he powered through it with enough rice, beer, and water. I felt like there was a live episode of "Man vs. Food" happening right next to me.

M ordered the pad thai and it looked amazing.


Next time, I'll try to be adventurous and check out the 3 stars. I think I'm geared up for it.


Tawon Thai on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment