Saturday, March 5, 2011

ezell's

When my job was located in Rainier Valley, my daily drive to and from work included a brief, wonderful moment where I would pass Ezell's. The aroma of fried chicken was delicious and overwhelming.

When J mentioned that he had never had Ezell's, I knew that we needed to make a trip to the little shop.


The restaurant is super tiny and basically all take-out, so if you're planning on sitting and eating there, you'll be out of luck.

J and I got some fried chicken, corn, mashed potatoes, and potato salad. The sides are super tiny.


The chicken was super moist and the skin was crispy--perfectly fried. It was flavorful and satisfying.


The sides were marginal--the corn was good, but the rest of the sides were...meh.


The corn was buttery and had a slight taste of pepper--delish. I wish the container was bigger though! I'm not sure if this is a product of having larger portions everywhere, but I really wanted more corn.


The mashed potatoes tasted like they had been made and sat out for a while. The gravy was cold and it just wasn't that amazing.


The potato salad wasn't very memorable.

Overall, go to Ezell's for the chicken. You can skip the sides.

Ezell's Chicken on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment