Saturday, February 12, 2011

tamarind tree

I love Vietnamese food. I know I've said it before, but it really makes me happy. So for lunch, we ventured out to Tamarind Tree. I miss the fact that we used to be able to take a quick trip down to the International District for delicious food. Sigh.

Anyway, back to food. We started off with some spring rolls.


They were light and a great way to start off a meal. I could taste how fresh the vegetables and the shrimp were, and it balanced well with the salty hoisin based dipping sauce.

Next was an array of three entrees that was shared family style. First, was bún thịt nướng, which is my favorite. Like it's sister restaurant (Long Provincial), the grilled pork with vermicelli noodles were perfect. The pork was savory, not too greasy or fatty. The sweet, spicy, and sour fish sauce was a perfect side.


Next, was the lemongrass beef.


The lemongrass was fragrant, but not spicy. It was served with sauteed onions and topped with cilantro.

Finally, there was the "yellow fish", which is a catfish that's fried. However, it's marinated in some tumeric, ginger, soy, garlic--oh man is it delish.


We finished off with some coconut ice cream.


I swore I only wanted one bite, but I'm pretty sure I ate half of the dessert.


Tamarind Tree on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment