Sunday, February 13, 2011

serious pie

I was having lunch with M & S the other day since we needed serious catch up time. Note to M, there are two Serious Pie locations. As tempting as it is, please try to not bus down to the Belltown location when lunch is scheduled at the new Westlake location.

While we waited for M to arrive, I helped myself to some Pellengrino. S and I caught up on life at a communal table while the guests around us dined on really good pizza.


M finally arrived and we were ready to eat! The problem with communal tables is that you're sitting thisclose to people eating delish food--and all you can do is watch.

I had the potato, rosemary, and pecorino pizza.


Once upon a time, I had a personal trainer. She told me to stay away from carbs because they were evil. The following picture does not look that evil.


Seriously, potato on a pizza shouldn't make sense. I'm used to pizza that's filled with grease and cheese. This was different--it was airy (for a pizza), savory (due to the fresh rosemary), and filled with flavor. I inhaled it quickly.

M ordered the sausage, peppers, and provolone pizza.


You could tell that those ingredients were harmonious--the sweet and spicy fennel sausage mixed with thinly sliced bell peppers and not offset by the provolone cheese.


S got the mozzarella and tomato pizza.


The basil was so aromatic and you could smell just a hint of garlic.

Oh Serious Pie, welcome to South Lake Union.


Serious Pie on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment