Sunday, January 16, 2011

uptown espresso

Saturday mornings are so calm in South Lake Union--so peaceful. On a morning stroll (en route to coffee), I checked out the site of the future Tom Douglas restaurants (rumor has it that it will be three different concepts! An Italian fusion restaurant, a tavern-like bar, and a small dumpling house. Pretty excited).


I can't wait--it looks like it will be a nice happy hour spot once it's open.


I wandered down to Uptown Espresso--"home of the velvet foam". The interior reminds me of my old piano teacher. The green carpet, the vintage furniture.


The cookies looked good, but I needed coffee. I'd be the first to admit that I'm addicted and I'm okay with that.


The latte was delish and strong--exactly what I needed for a Saturday morning.


Though foam isn't my favorite thing in coffee, I could see how people were into it. It was light, but creamy and didn't resemble anything that Marcel from Top Chef would put on his dishes.

Uptown Espresso Incorporated on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment