Sunday, January 23, 2011

six arms mcmenamins

I like McMenamin's. I really do. I went to high school with the family who started and runs the chain and grew up loving their tater tots.

So if that's the case, what the eff happened to the Six Arms location? It's like the acid trip version of the rest.

This morning was busy--I had reviewed a presentation on China's growth opportunities, written a paper on Iceland's economic state (circa 2007), and steam cleaned 12 shirts. I was running off of two double-tall-non-fat-lattes, so granted, I may have been a little tired and/or cranky.

I met up with J after I was done and we tried to go to Auto Battery. It was slammed (not surprised), so I suggested we go to Six Arms McMenamin's. It was bound to have TVs and the food isn't so bad.

We got there and some lady literally bit the ground...like, with her teeth.

Sorry, that was random, but true. Anyway, we got there and I ordered a blonde, turkey sandwich, and cajunized tater tots. J ordered the steak sandwich and cajunized tater tots.

I don't know what was going on in the kitchen, but whoever was cooking that day was mega heavy-handed with the seasoning.


See, those look normal, right? They look like they'd be crispy and delish. Except they were so filled with salt and pepper--you couldn't eat it.


J's steak sandwich was the same. Once, I was in the Bahamas, and I got sand in my Bahama Mama. My Bahama Mama wasn't nearly as salty and terrible as the sandwich/tater tots.

The turkey sandwich was fine--wasn't memorable, so I won't post a picture.

Needless to say, we're at Buckley's watching the rest of the game right now.

Six Arms (McMenamins) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment