Saturday, January 15, 2011

mccormick's

While dinner at McCormick's is nice--what I really love is the bar atmosphere. The servers are friendly and quick, the bartenders are witty, and the food is still delicious. Oh, and there's also a handy countdown that I think G would appreciate.


Post-class Wednesday night, I realized that all I had consumed throughout the day was coffee! I quickly met up with J at one of our favorite establishments in Seattle.


I bellied up to the bar and ordered a Mac & Jack's. At 9 PM, the atmosphere was pretty quiet as there were only a handful of tables left. Judging from their, um, excited conversation, I gathered that they may have been there since the earlier happy hour.

Realizing that only caffeine had been in my stomach, the beer was going to hit me hard if I didn't decide to eat anything else. For those of you who don't know me, I have zero alcohol tolerance. Really. Once, I took a shot, and I fell off of a barstool.

Anyway, I glanced over the menu and zeroed in on the crab bisque.


The fresh crab meat sits on top of a crisp piece of toast and the delicious soup is poured around it table-side. Seriously, just LOOK at that. Butter (good), cream (good), crab (good). I ate it quickly with sourdough bread and was thoroughly satisfied.

McCormick's Fish House & Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment